Our wonderful customers are the reason we’re in business. Here are some of the great things they’ve said about us.
We’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re a satisfied customer, too!
Colony Diner & Restaurant
611 North Colony Road, Wallingford
4.2 1,332 reviews
- Valerie Stetson (shewolf213) ★★★★★ a month ago My husband and I love eating here. Hands down, the best diner we have eaten at since we moved to Connecticut almost 2 years ago and try to eat here often. We have never had a bad meal here and the food is always so fresh and so delicious. … More The staff is always so friendly and attentive but they don't hover, but are there when you need them. My only gripe (and it's not a bad thing) is that the portions are huge and are great to take home. Sometimes we can't take it home as we are running errands, etc and wish there were smaller portions to choose from sometimes. My favorite is the Chicken Scampi and my husband says you have to try their stuffed pepper soup and I agree, it is so flavorful! But anything we have ordered is so delicious!
- Malinda Smith Rubenstein ★★★★★ a month ago Amazing! One of the best diners I have been to. Friendly staff and a great selection of food. I am vegan so I was able to get a great meal with a plethora of choices. It’s great to be able to order vegan while my partner can get regular … More eggs! Will be back! Thanks for being so inclusive!
- Althea Star ★★★★★ a month ago Great food. Great selection. A bit pricey for a diner, but worth it.
- Emma Livshin ★★★★★ a month ago Local gem, I'm from a different state and I love going here for breakfast every time I'm in the area. Delicious food, great environment. Outdoor seating is great!
- Scott Kuhta ★★★★★ a month ago Great clasic diner fare. The menu seemed to be split by breakfast, lunch, dinner, which may be a recent occurrence. Doesn't matter because of the large choice of dishes, all seeming to be a better choice than the last one you read! … More All was served swiftly by friendly wait staff.
- Jackie Townes ★★★★☆ a month ago It's absolutely incredible to be able to go out to a delicious breakfast when you have to eat gluten free! Yes, it was pricey for coffee, French toast bacon and eggs, but I am accustomed to paying more for gluten free foods. There's … More a notice on their menu that they can prepare just about everything on the menu gluten free, just ask your server. And the server mentioned that if you are particularly sensitive, they can put foil under your bread on the grill or put it under the broiler to prevent cross contamination. It's worth it to know you are safe to eat somewhere when someone else is preparing your food.
- nandi Cummings ★★★★★ 2 months ago I Love Colony. It's not fancy, but the food is always on point & last nigt/this morning's service was amazing! She took care of several tables with 5-6 college kids, plus us & another couple
- Daniel McDonnell ★★★★★ 2 months ago Consistently great service, & spectacular meals. A Wallingford legendary icon!
- Melissa Masi ★★★★★ 2 months ago Great food! Wonderful service! Thank you Donna!
- John Juniet ★★★★★ a month ago Good food, great atmosphere, top notch service. Diner food with a home cooked feel. The staff is always friendly, and if you're not a regular, they will make you feel like one pretty quickly. We go there, often for the chicken soup, … More which is not from a can. Hope you enjoy it.
- Albert McPherson ★★★★★ 4 months ago We went there for there Thanksgiving dinner special it was SUPER, WE had a Great meal and will go back soon and try there fish and chip dinner. It looked so good.
- Maryann O'byrne ★★★★★ 4 months ago I had a mushroom n cheddar omelet, home fries n rye toast, it was all delicious 🙂
- Jesse Fenn ★★★★★ 4 months ago Pleasantly surprised to find so many vegan options & the heated outdoor dining area was also appreciated!
- Derek Brown ★★★★★ 4 months ago Very good menu options with friendly service!
- Diane Lytwyn ★★★★★ 4 months ago First time here, and this diner has a huge menu with lots of choices! Breakfast all day, of course, but great wraps, sandwiches and burgers! We had their Spanakopita and salad, a Caprese panini and fries. Big portions, good flavor and … More the best thing was our server, Donna! OMG! She was so professional, friendly, attentive and competent she made this meal even better! Recommended to all!
- Salvatore D'angelo ★★★★★ 4 months ago Everything was very delicious I went for breakfast I got a Hungry Man breakfast. And I was full all day long so if you're looking for a good diner come here and try to hungry-man breakfast you won't be disappointed and the service … More is fantastic
- Kathleen Rinn ★★★★★ 4 months ago This has to be one of the most wonderful restaurants to get vegan food and regular foods!! Everything is so delicious and the staff is amazing!! They even have vegan desserts!
- Sandra Michele ★★★★★ 3 months ago We found this really good diner but it's more like a restaurant because the quality and quantity is so good. It has the biggest and best menu that I've ever seen and everything is great!!!The best part is they are always open … More on holidays and we often travel 45 minutes just to go here. Great selections and food tastes really great!!! Highly recommended. Come hungry because the portions are huge!!!!
- Isaiah Tiezzi ★★★★★ 5 months ago Cinnamon Toll Pancakes= Life ♥️Portions are Huge Don’t Go to this Place Unless u plan to be Lazy for rest of Day cause ur gonna Be FULL!!
- Rami Kattan ★★★★★ 5 months ago Great Mexican breakfast wrap ! And very good service !