Our wonderful customers are the reason we’re in business. Here are some of the great things they’ve said about us.
We’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re a satisfied customer, too!
Colony Diner & Restaurant
611 North Colony Road, Wallingford
4.2 1,486 reviews
- Michelle Dougherty ★★★★★ a month ago I did an Uber Eats order tonight for the baked sole dinner! I called before to confirm soups and options I could take. The lady on the phone was super helpful as I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out yesterday and couldn’t eat anything … More hard. I wrote a note regarding this and they gave me a whole container of mashed potatoes and the fish was perfectly cooked. The soup was also amazing. Finally a filling meal after surgery. Thanks so much guys!
- Liam Wilcox ★★★★★ a month ago Literally the pinnacle of American diner cuisine. A lot of places that have larger menus tend to have lower quality dishes, but this place is not one of them. All of the food is served fresh, and tastes delicious. Come here for brunch and … More you will not be disappointed.
- James Bronkema ★★★★★ 2 months ago AMAZING FOOD !!!!!!!Food: 5/5 | Service: 5/5 | Atmosphere: 5/5 …More
- Mark Naylor ★★★★★ 2 months ago So much food almost couldn't eat it allFood: 5/5 | Service: 5/5 | Atmosphere: 5/5 …More
- Los Pinero ★★★★☆ 2 months ago Great menu selection. A whole section of vegan options and plenty of vegetarian dishes also.Something for everyone.Clean and inviting diner.Food: 3/5 | Service: 4/5 | Atmosphere: 5/5 …More
- Reggie Chang ★★★★★ 3 months ago 5-stars for the vegan menu options. There's a lot to choose from. I had the tofu scramble on gluten-free bread and it was very good. The Colony has stepped up its game and they've done well.Food: 5/5 | Service: … More 5/5 | Atmosphere: 5/5 …More
- A'Azizah Allen ★★★★★ 2 months ago It's hard to find good diners now that I won't get sick from, and this was one of them. Our waitress was so kind and the fries were absolutely delicious. We'll definitely stop by if we happen to be in the area again!
- Marviano “HIMKARDASHIAN” LeeMartinez ★★★★★ 4 months ago Love there food always
- Lee Silverman ★★★★★ 5 months ago Huge selection including an entire page of vegetarian options. Something for the whole family.
- Robert Bucklin ★★★★☆ 5 months ago Good Food, Good People. You'll be glad you dined there!
- Maria Pollans ★★★★★ 5 months ago The food was excellent great portions friendly staff our server Dawn was SUPER😊
- Connor Freeman ★★★★★ 6 months ago Excellent service and a great vegan menu!
- Robert ★★★★☆ 7 months ago Had plenty of room for dine in .place was clean .prices a little steep but .the plates were full plenty of food.i was full no room for desert. Friendly atmosphere.
- Valerie Stetson (shewolf213) ★★★★★ 10 months ago My husband and I love eating here. Hands down, the best diner we have eaten at since we moved to Connecticut almost 2 years ago and try to eat here often. We have never had a bad meal here and the food is always so fresh and so delicious. … More The staff is always so friendly and attentive but they don't hover, but are there when you need them. My only gripe (and it's not a bad thing) is that the portions are huge and are great to take home. Sometimes we can't take it home as we are running errands, etc and wish there were smaller portions to choose from sometimes. My favorite is the Chicken Scampi and my husband says you have to try their stuffed pepper soup and I agree, it is so flavorful! But anything we have ordered is so delicious!
- Emma Livshin ★★★★★ 10 months ago Local gem, I'm from a different state and I love going here for breakfast every time I'm in the area. Delicious food, great environment. Outdoor seating is great!
- Althea Star ★★★★★ 10 months ago Great food. Great selection. A bit pricey for a diner, but worth it.
- Malinda Smith Rubenstein ★★★★★ 10 months ago Amazing! One of the best diners I have been to. Friendly staff and a great selection of food. I am vegan so I was able to get a great meal with a plethora of choices. It’s great to be able to order vegan while my partner can get regular … More eggs! Will be back! Thanks for being so inclusive!
- Scott Kuhta ★★★★★ 10 months ago Great clasic diner fare. The menu seemed to be split by breakfast, lunch, dinner, which may be a recent occurrence. Doesn't matter because of the large choice of dishes, all seeming to be a better choice than the last one you read! … More All was served swiftly by friendly wait staff.
- Jackie Townes ★★★★☆ 11 months ago It's absolutely incredible to be able to go out to a delicious breakfast when you have to eat gluten free! Yes, it was pricey for coffee, French toast bacon and eggs, but I am accustomed to paying more for gluten free foods. There's … More a notice on their menu that they can prepare just about everything on the menu gluten free, just ask your server. And the server mentioned that if you are particularly sensitive, they can put foil under your bread on the grill or put it under the broiler to prevent cross contamination. It's worth it to know you are safe to eat somewhere when someone else is preparing your food.
- nandi Cummings ★★★★★ 11 months ago I Love Colony. It's not fancy, but the food is always on point & last nigt/this morning's service was amazing! She took care of several tables with 5-6 college kids, plus us & another couple